Translate

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Unexpected Gifts of Love


It’s amazing to me, how the gift of love can touch my heart, in unexpected ways.

Today, as I read the following post from a friend on Facebook, tears filled my eyes and ran down my face:

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:7-10 (NIV)

The reminder that God loves me, wherever I am, even when I’m feeling “in the dumps,” even when I feel afraid, even when I live with fear, not from the present, but buried deeply in the recesses of my mind and soul, even then, even there, God is with me!

The amazing love of God that knows no end and the gift of a friend who posted these verses for me to see, and the knowledge that God orchestrated this gift for me to receive this morning, overwhelms me with gratitude for God and gratitude for the gifts of love that are shared by others who know His love and are able to express it to others, from places deep within.

I am grateful for the gift of love, no matter what form it takes or how it’s delivered. Love is an eternal gift that touches my heart and spirit… forever.

Thank You, Heavenly Father, for this wonderful reminder of Your amazing love and Your desire for me to be in loving relationship with You, all the days of my life, until You bring me home. Thank You also for friends who share gifts of love with me and with others! AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment